Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tracing Art

Cole and I did tracing art today. I know most boys don't like art. I am being stereotypical here but coming from an Early childhood background, boys tend to stay away from the art table unless there are cars or messy art available whereas girls just flock to art table every chance they get. So I wanted to introduce art to Cole at an early age so he would get used to it and foster his creative side.

We've been drawing with crayons, markers and paint but I wanted to do something new today.

We started tracing our hands and feet with the crayon.



Here he is trying to trace my hand. He didn't get it right away at first but he did get the idea eventually.



I think it is extremely important to foster all the aspects of the development. It's like trying new food with a baby. We should keep introducing them to new experiences even if they look like they hate it, they may learn to love it over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment