We took Cole on a road trip to Seattle during the Easter weekend. Holy Moly, the line up at the border was over 2 hours. But luckily Cole didn't have a problem sitting in his car seat..thank goodness. I can't imagine how horrible it would have been if he started crying in the car during the wait. Thanks Cole!
We haven't been out of of town since our last trip in the summer when we went camping in the interiors. I just needed to get away, it didn't matter where we went but since the dollar is so good, we thought it would be fun to go to the States.
We stopped by the outlet mall and Target on the way to Seattle and what fun it was. We ended up purchasing 3 purses and a wallet from the Coach outlet mall. The deal was absolutely amazing. And we got Cole his bumbo chair with a little tray from Target for $40.00. They would have cost us $80.00 in Canada. I can't believe how things are so much cheaper in States. It's really silly and they are robbing us blind when we shop in Canada.
We stayed at Renaissance Hotel the first night and Westin on the second night. We met Martin, Heidi and Parker for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. The dish I ordered was okay…should have order the Gumbo.
We visited the Pike market place and ended up buying few toys for Cole. The one he is holding while sitting in the bumbo is pretty cool. He loves gnawing on that.
We also visited Pike Market place….how can you not go there. I wish I had taken pictures of the tulips the vendors were selling because they were so beautiful. But we did line up for Piroshky (Russian pastry). I didn't know what it was but there were people lined up for it so I decided to check it out for myself.
It was pretty yummy. I probably didn't need the extra calories in the sweet pastry I got but oh what da heck, I am on vacation.
Overall, it was a fun trip. I can't wait until summer when we go back to catch a ball game.
No comments:
Post a Comment